Friday 9 October 2009

Gym Shim Karle Ve!

Have you been hit by this new wave of fitness consciouness among Bollywood actors? Wondered about having a 6 pack sculpted look, the size 0 raaz...& sat back eating a delicious samosa or indulging in some sugar solace after a hard days work thinking....kal...kal se pakka I'll go on a strict diet regime & hit the road or the gymn! & If you did make it to the gymn the next day...have you ever left it singing....Teri Galiyon Mein Na Rakhenge Kadam, Aaj ke baad? I have :D ! & You too kya? :D!

So I go (off & sometimes on :P) to this gymn in London which, don't-ask-why is called LA Fitness! It's fun to see a bloke sporting a Superman T-shirt working out, or someone drenched in perspiration wearing a Tshirt with 'I Rather Have A Shower' or another with the picture of Da Vinci's Vetruvian Man. Sorry, but you'll need to go elsewhere to read about the hot babes & their state of dress (or undress as maybe the case) ...I don't notice them. But initially I did look around hoping that there's at least someone as fat ..ooops I forgot no 'F' words on this blog ;) ...so shall I mildly put it as someone as 'unfit' as I am working out in the gym!

But 20 people on the treadmill running rhythmically while watching Livin La Vida Loca played on the LA Channel does make you want to run too! I feel as if I was Born to Run when I hear/watch songs like Whenever Wherever, Hips Don't Lie, Crazy in Love4 Minutes to Save the World , Give It To Me, Black or White, Jump , My Life Would Suck Without You .

Getting a little serious, I want to keep reminding myself (& you my friend) that exercising should become a part of our daily routine. Even if for 30 mins...even if like me you've given up & got back several times...it's worth it. As my Father would say When health is lost everything is lost!

I love the videos played at the gymn & the different radio channels available. But at heart I am a Desi Girl...& thought I should make a playlist on my i-pod of catchy Bollywood songs that would set the pace. Songs that push you further; make you go that extra metre or add another crunch! Breathing with the beats, mouthing those punch lines that brings on the adrenaline. So here's a small selection of songs I already have....& I do hope you would add some more!

On the TREADMILL
  1. Love Mera Hit Hit (house mix), Billu- It starts- Are you ready? Tu Baby badi fit fit soniye na kar aise khit pit ;)!
  2. Ankhiya Na Maar (remix), Ek Khiladi, Ek Haseena -Whhooooaaa Lets Go!
  3. Khalbali, Rang De Basanti - Ziddiiiiiiiii ziddi ziddi armaan! Ziddi hai toofan! Ziddi hum bhi yahan!
  4. Jee Le, Luck - Zara zara kal ko tu pe le, aur mar ke tu jee le! Mud ke na aayegi yeh zindagi...Jee Le!
  5. Aye Bachchu, Ghajini - Jeene ka hai chaska to aaja treadmill pein :P
  6. Race Sanson Ki, Race - My heart is racing now!
  7. Fanaa, Yuva - Hone do dil ko fanaa, Hone do dard ko tabaah!
  8. Ahista Ahista, Bacchna Ae Haseeno - doesn't really make you run ahista ahista ;)
  9. Dhan Tan Nan, Kaminey - I think the Dhan Tan Nan is simply contagious & addictive.
  10. Pyar Zindagi Hai, Muqaddar Ka Sikander -an old gem...Asha and Lata in the same song! Great beats!
  11. Judai, Jannat - on days I'm not enjoying the run *)
  12. To Phir Aao Mujhko Satao (Remix) - Ghum Le Ja Tere, Jo Bhi Tune Diye, Ya Phir Mujhko Bata, Inko Kaise Sahein ...on days you're hurting real bad :P
  13. Chak De Phatte, Khosla ka Ghosla - Chak de phatte!

....& well so many more Saki Saki (Musafir), Chori Chori (Garam Masala),Ya Ali (Gangster)

For CARDIO VASCULAR workouts -Slower paced than ones for the treadmill.
  1. Mahiya (remix), Awarapan - Tune aisi ada se mujhe dekha.....good beats
  2. Zara Zara Touch Me, Race - Zara zara ooo ooo :P
  3. Aaj Ki raat, Don the Chase Begins -Aaj ki raat khona hai kya (other than a few kilos)...paana hai kya (not kilos..naa ji na! :P)
  4. Hai Junoon, New York - Say Hai Juno-oo-ooon! Hai Junoon sa seene mein... :D

WEIGHT TRAINING
  1. Ye Raat, Aks - R'ber this one? I don't think you'd find a song more perfect than this Raveena Tandon one! Can't think of more right now!

STRETCHES - Something soft and melodious.
  1. Mar Jawaan, Fashion and Zara Zara, Rehna Hai Tere Dil Mein - The husky voice is kind of relaxing
  2. Yeh Lamha, Chameli - Thaki Thaki si sham fir jawaan hone lagi!
  3. Kaise Mujhe Tu Mil Gayi, Ghajini - haule haule... dheere se...wrap up the training!

Hope this list turns one from being moti-weighted....to being motivated!

So as the song from Dil Bole Hadippa goes -
Ladies & Gentleman have a rocking rockout with a desi beat!
Oh gym-shim karle ve,
Oh slim-shim banle ve jor lage ke!!!

No comments: