Thursday 15 May 2008

All The World's A Stage


All the world's a stage,
And all the men and women merely players:
They have their exits and and their entrances;

....The famous soliloquy from Shakespeare's As You Like It.

& there can't be a more magnificent stage than Life itself & yes...the dramatic setting of the 750 seater Minnack Theatre!

With its vertigo inducing seating and circular amphitheatre thrusting out over the Atlantic, it's an unforgettable place to watch a play.

Guess what it was built piece by piece by an eccentric Rowena Cade...who carted the wood, sand & stone from the beach in a battered wheel barrow! The first production was Shakespeare's The Tempest.

I had probably seen the picture of this place in my childhood....or maybe it was a place I'd visited in my dreams! I was just so excited! I unashamedly took a bow on the stage...whatta brilliant performance I'd just given :D! Just when I'd lost all inhibitions....I heard a loud voice from behind saying - 'Dekho Dekho woh ladki kaise pose maar rahi hai' I turned around to see 4 desi junta watching me ...without realising that I could understand what they'd just said! I gave them one of my ' :D' .....dazzlers ;) !

So among the white sands, turquoise ocean, blue skies....there was a blushing red me! :P :P :P !

PS - Ok since I was writing about a theatre....by sheer coincidence I seem to be listening to Dil Dance Maare Re, Tashan. I can't help laughing at the rustic & ballistic lyrics and this 'Theatre Booking' verse in particular -

Hoye… tohare dil ka theatre ma aaa….
Tohare dil ka theatre ma
Dil deewana booking advance maare re!!!

lol :D!




2 comments:

Unknown said...

Desis will be desis...they hve to comment or they have to give a look at another desi where ever they see, be it a bathroom or theater...:)

Nice bow though :) ladki sach main hi TASHAN maar rahi thi :)

Soul Survivor said...

kya kare Sush its a case of -
Desi desi face dekhe dil hai beating fast... :P lol :D!

thanks for being the one to make me listen to this 'rapchik song' for the first time :)!