Tuesday 18 December 2007

I Hope You Dance

You say you wanna get off
This ride around the Sun
You say ' I've had enough
And it hasn't been much fun'

But He's the one that decides
The rounds each of us do
And leaves us all complaining
Some say 'so many' and others say 'so few'

The wailing babe got one & Grandma got ninety
It's meant for your enemy, your love and the mighty
But there is just one thing and one thing that I know
He promises while it lasts, a high follows the low

So hang on a little longer
Don't you know this ride is free?
Each ride just makes one stronger
& Baby its not just you and me

I'd try to be in your shoes
(I know you wouldn't mind)
But only you can wipe out those blues
Cause your size just ain't my kind

You ask me where love is
In a friend or in a foe
Oh baby it exists where your heart is!
So seek proof of it no more

Ive been wondering what to do
So I gave a rhythm to this rhyme
I hope you know its for you
Will you dance to it in time?

No comments: